TEXAS LICENSE TO CARRY CERTIFICATION COURSE (LTC COURSE)
If you want to carry your firearm in the state of Texas, you need this course to meet the classroom and proficiency training requirements. With a minimum of 4 hours of interactive classroom presentation and up to 2 hours of range time for proficiency demonstration, this course meets all the training requirements to obtain a License to Carry in the state of Texas and receive your LTC-100 certificate.
Note: This course does not teach you how to shoot or handle your firearm. You must demonstrate proficiency in shooting and handling your firearm for the course. If you are not proficient or a beginning shooter we recommend you take our Basic Handgun Class or Private Instruction before taking this class. Course does not include State of Texas DPS LTC Application or Fingerprints – Must be done at F.A.S.T. location.
This course includes classroom and range time to demonstrate proficiency for the LTC. Students learn Texas Firearms Laws, Use of Deadly Force Laws, Non-Violent Dispute Resolution, Proper Storage and Holsters, Use and Safety of Handguns and a Shooting Fundamentals review. There is also a written exam.
- Classes are limited to the first 20 students
- Up to 2 Hours of range time included to demonstrate proficiency
- Bring your own firearm or we have them for rent
- Course requires 50 rounds of ammunition
- .22LR is the minimum caliber required to shoot the proficiency test
- The B-27 Proficiency Target and Range Waiver fee is included in the class
- Eye Protection and Hearing protection are not included but available to rent
Note: Our classes do not include a long break for lunch or dinner. You may bring your own lunch/dinner, drinks, and snacks. Vending machine is available.
Academy course cancellation policies apply.
If you are signing up for someone else, or are signing up more than just yourself. Please list the name(s) in the checkout notes so we properly schedule you.